Insurance claims or incidents arise on a regular basis and urgent assessments of causation, air quality and build health all unite to support any decisions made by an insurer regarding reinstatement of property.
LITMAS will assist with your site investigation, works and validation, support your work with laboratory analysis and provide training by one of Australia’s leading experts at competitive rates.
Buildings become impregnated with, or infested by a range of unwanted microorganisms, chemicals and pests that can cause occupants to become sick. Illnesses from headaches and respiratory disease, to disease of the immune system, allergies and inflammatory diseases have been attributed to exposure to these indoor contaminants
Key events leading to engaging LITMAS are:
- Mould growth
- Bacteria from flood or sewage backflow
- Infection outbreak or concern
- A contaminated air-cooling system (air conditioning)
- Other water damage related contaminants such as from rodents, dust mites or cockroaches
- Bushfire smoke ingress
- House or contents fire smoke damage
- Trauma, Crime Scene, and illegal drug use, growth, or manufacture
Factors considered during a remediation project include:
- Structural and mechanical design of the building / structure
- Risk of exposure to the contaminant by workers or occupants
- Occupant health, age, and an individual’s sensitivity to the contaminant
LITMAS assists in setting pragmatic and meaningful remediation objectives that mitigate health and business risk and deliver a fit building in a timely manner.
After remediation, LITMAS supports site assessment, supervision and remediation verification and laboratory analysis of mould, bacteria and post-COVID-19-closure cleaning.
We supply training in testing strategies, methods and analysis to become more reliable and reduce risks in your remediation projects. Training is provided to restorers and insurers to resolve disparities and increase industry good practice and knowledge.