Retail outlets and entertainment venues provide unique congregation spaces. Here people share food, develop ideas, restock, relax and interact with shoppers and other visitors. Consequently, a large number of people congregate in a shared space at the same time.
LITMAS helps shopping arenas and recreation centres examine the ventilation effectiveness and cleanliness of their indoor environments and create plans to reduce risk.
Successful monitoring can show measured reduction in risks to the health of visitors and staff and improved conditions to heighten the performance of workers, sportsmen, and increase visitor enjoyment of a chosen outlet or event.
Common concerns aced by retail outlets include:
- Lack of natural daylight
- High carbon dioxide levels
- Noise from background music and talking
- Odour from outlets such as nail salons, perfumeries, and food outlets,
- Humidity and water leaks, and therefore mould control
- Airborne infection from close proximity to others
- Surface infection spread through frequently handled items
Areas at risk during recreation include:
- Shopping Centres
- Nail salons and hairdressers
- Indoor sporting venues